WELCOME TO MY AUTHOR BLOG

Random thoughts from yours truly. <3

Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Friday everyone!!!  If you're in the need of a great read make sure to check out my book Torn True Love.  Here is a little excerpt from my work, check it out!!!!

When Chance and I started dating, I really thought he had potential. I considered a future with him, but after our tremulous relationship, my friends were right, it could never work. He didn’t take anything seriously and had pushed me aside for a girl well beneath me. He wasn’t going to pair and there was no way I was going to end up becoming a Sweeper.

Being a sweeper was basically a death sentence. The lowest unit in our society consisted of Sweepers. They held the lowest jobs, which required little to no education, and none of the work at that level provided a good quality of life. Sweepers were placed due to being unpaired or if they resisted the government. Apparently Headquarters didn’t believe you had a lot of worth if you were unable to pair and didn’t reproduce. Reproduction was key to keeping our society alive and thriving. If an individual didn’t see it that way, they were put to use cleaning up after the rest of us. I couldn’t rely on Chance to be a good pairing. I knew I deserved better and was certain I could find it.

I needed something more concrete. I only had two years left until I was paired, and at the end of this year I needed to provide a preliminary list.

I was stressed but I believed in the process. I had faith that in the next two years I would find and be paired with my true love.

"How’s it going, Kris?" Chance asked, trying to act cool in front of his friends.

"I’m fine, how are you guys?" The four of them, Chance, Braiden, Tobin, and Pax, didn’t look like the type to be friends. Chance wore his signature look of layered shirts with a twisted rope necklace around his neck. Tobin had a more reserved, conservative look. Pax was a small kid

with dark hair and brown eyes who wore sweatpants and an old tee shirt. Then there was Braiden. Braiden had dark short hair, striking green eyes and a well-defined jaw. His face was long and oval, beautiful yet rugged. He had a look that stole my attention from all other things.
Chance and Braiden had been friends for a long time. Chance used to always talk about him when we were together, and I had seen Braiden on several occasions but I guess I never really paid attention. I only saw Chance, paying no attention to any other male prospects out there. Today however, was different. Today, for the first time, I saw Braiden. There was something different about him now, his smile, or his laugh. Something drew my attention.

Got your attention?  Click the link for purchase info :-)Purchase Torn True Love

No comments:

Post a Comment